Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend Update


Peter's Birthday Gift
The arms really aren't that short--
I have the sleeves folded so they
will fit in the picture. Master
photographer, I am not.

I have been MIA this week, due to extreme knitting stress and an evil child, who shall remain nameless but he is 4 1/2 years old.

Peter's pirate birthday party is today! I finished his gift at 9:00 on Friday night. It is a pirate sweater (duh) from Little Badger Knitwear. And although it did give me a few fits along the way, I am quite proud of how it turned out. One of the arm holes is a little bunchy because for some reason the sleeve width was a little smaller than what I allowed for the arm hole (actually this should not be a surprise. Math has never been my friend), but I made it work and Leah will never notice if she doesn't look too carefully.

I did show it to Leah yesterday because she was at my house and I just couldn't wait. She was very excited and can't wait for Peter to see it. She said she may have to break her own rule and allow him to wear it to church (she and I have similar rules about church clothing--you can wear anything you want as long as it has no pictures or words). So 3 year old Peter will be a walking picture of living death at church. Hee hee hee!

I'm in a bit of a panic about the rest of my knitting projects. I have one more hat to knit for the boys' swimming teacher. I haven't started on the elephant for my new friend Faye in Australia, and I have exactly one month to create some inventory for Audrey's holiday bazaar. I'm also still working on Meghan's knit birthday cake and my mom just reminded me about the socks I promised to knit her. I was coming to terms with all of that when I received an email from Caitlin at Venue this week. Apparently they have moved my display to a larger and more prominent place in the shop. Yea for me! She also specifically requested more inventory because this time of year is one of their busiest. Gulp. I mean, this is not news to me. The weather is turning, Christmas is just a couple of months away...but the reality has hit me. The reality has also hit my family, as Ryan came to me this morning and told me he has no pants to wear to church. I looked in his drawer--no pants. Big empty place where pants should be. I did find a pair in a rather large pile of clean laundry in a basket on the dryer. It's been there for several days. Guess I should get on it, since I'm wearing my last pair of clean pants as well. Pants for Eric is not so much of an issue, as he is wearing pj's and his brand new Spiderman costume.

And as if all this were not enough, I just discovered this on Ravelry: a baby Viking hat. I must have it. I must knit it. Venue is located in the heart of Ballard, which is the Scandinavian capital of Washington (ok, fine, so is Poulsbo, and I'm sure a couple of other places, but just go with me here...). Ravelry is this new website that is all about knitters and their projects and patterns...I'm still trying to figure it out. I had to wait in line for over two months to be "invited", but now that I have access, I have to say it's pretty cool. Here is the problem. Mike. The designer of the Viking hat is only selling it as a kit. Kit, schmit, I want it. Mike keeps trying to rain on my parade by telling me how many hats I will have to sell to actually make a profit from the kit, let alone break even. I told you, math is not my friend . What I hear? Blah blah blah blah, money, blah blah blah, don't you have enough to knit, blah blah blah....

Switching gears a bit, I have so much to tell you about the Mariners game we went to last night where we WENT ON TO THE FIELD, but I'm going to wait until Mike's sister sends me the pictures.

Time to get to work. Today's project? Hmmmm....perhaps a snowman.


No comments: