Thursday, September 6, 2007

D Day

Mike made an appointment with an at-home vet for Alice. I don't know how he found one that will actually come to our home, but he did. So next Thursday, for the tune of at least $150, we will learn of Alice's fate. When talking to the vet, Mike learned that Alice could be suffering from a bladder infection. While I highly doubt that, as her peeing is SO SO SO behavioral, and she proved it once and for all by having ZERO accidents during our vacation, it would be nice to actually be able to treat her issue rather than ending it all.

As Leah pointed out to me today, Alice is senile. If she were human, she would be 95 years old and suffering from a severe case of dementia. And the sad truth is, many elderly humans develop some strange behaviours. Alice is suffering and something needs to be done about it.

The one thing that I'm not too happy about is the fact that we need to contain Alice at least an hour before the appointment, in a bathroom or a crate. I would rather chew off my own arm. And if I try to shove Alice into a crate, she may chew the arm off for me, saving me the trouble. But Mike agreed to stay home that morning to help, so that won't induce any marital discord--2 frantic humans trying to drag a senile neurotic passive aggressive peeing cat out from under our bed. I jest, but I really do appreciate Mike's willingness to stay home from work and help.

Stay tuned....

No comments: