Sunday, September 16, 2007

And My Husband Lived To Tell About It


My husband attended the Keith Urban concert and did not spontaneously ignite into flames in the middle of it. He actually said the words "it was really good". He actually had a fairly good time. Of course, I think this may have had something to do with the vast amount of cleavage present last night. That, and the fact that Keith was fooling around and broke into the Violent Femme's "Blister in the Sun", which is one of Mike's favorite songs. It is even his ring tone on his phone. So now Mike can honestly say he is a Keith Urban fan.

Our seats were not great, as you can see by the picture, but the concert was projected onto a huge screen, which was very cool. I considered buying a t-shirt, but they were $40 and I needed all of that money to buy a bottle of water at the Key Arena. And realistically I would only wear the t-shirt to bed. Mike pointed out that really HE should wear the t-shirt to bed for me to enjoy it, and then the conversation just got weird. I didn't buy a t-shirt. I think my ears are still ringing a bit, but it was soooooo worth it. Really incredible show. Incredible performer. And beautiful to look at for 2 hours. Enough said.

Here is the other thing that has made me happy this weekend. I've already sold one birthday hat at Venue, so I'm going to make a few more. I forgot to take a picture of my first attempt at the birthday hat--maybe it was subconscious because it was so offensive looking. The first hat I made was white with pink stripes. And I had a large pink candle on top. The candle was a little too pink and a little to large, and a little too fat......I showed it to my bookgroup and asked if they thought it looked too phallic for a baby girl's first birthday. They were unable to answer me until after they stopped convulsing on the floor and wiped the tears from their eyes. I ripped that candle off and made a smaller, lavender one. I am now paying extra special attention to the candles I made for the birthday hats.

With my hearing loss from the concert you would think I wouldn't notice how completely annoying my family is being today. Unfortunately I am still able to hear every word they are all saying.

Only 6 more hours until bedtime.

No comments: