Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Queen for a day

Today my goal is to wash everything Ryan has touched. Lots of laundry and 3 bathrooms. The fact that all of this needed to be cleaned anyway is beside the point. Vomit forces cleaning to the top of the list.

In order to do the laundry I needed to put away the clean laundry, located in baskets all over my house. This also raised the issue of the suitcase in our bedroom. Do you remember that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Ray and Debra fought over who was to put away a suitcase from their trip? This suitcase has been sitting in our bedroom since last Thursday night. And like Ray and Debra, we have been taking clean clothes from the suitcase all week. We have not had one discussion about this suitcase. Not one word has been said. We have both passive-aggressively (clearly a trait we learned from Alice) been taking what we have needed from the suitcase and stepping around it. A few days ago I realized that one of my bras was missing. It took me a while to realize that it was in the suitcase.

Today I put the suitcase away. I cleaned it out and put it away. Mike when you come home today you will notice that I GOT IT. To quote Debra, I GOT IT. I did not fill the suitcase with cheese, like Ray did (that would have just forced me to clean out a suitcase full of cheese. I don't think Mike would ever know there was cheese in the suitcase). I did not rant and rave about how I have to put every single other thing away in this house. No, let's all just remember that I GOT IT.

But Mike has his good points as well. He went to Venue for me today to bring in some new hats and take inventory. Sounds like I've sold an additional 5 or 6 hats! I was all set to send those Minnie Mouse booties too, but Penny saw them in yesterday's post and is currently on her way over to pick them up. Oh well--I guess I'll have to make more! Right after I finish making some baby duck feet booties! Hee hee hee hee hee....

I haven't gotten sick yet, but I still hold out hope. I'm still within the vomiting incubation period. It's always good to have a goal.

No comments: