Sunday, June 15, 2008

This is no better






The Raiders of the Lost Ark theme song that had become the soundtrack to my life has now been replaced by this. Steve Martin singing the King Tut song. Last night Ryan asked me to tell him a story about me as a little girl. Since we have been very interested in archaeology, Raiders, and pyramids lately, I decided to tell him about the time I saw the King Tut exhibit. I was about 10 years old and two of my aunts had several cousins spend the night. The next day we all went to the Pacific Science Center at the Seattle Center and saw the exhibit.

I remember a lot about this event. I remember sleeping on my aunt's living room floor. I remember my cousin Lora and I getting such a severe case of the giggles that we were unable to breathe. I remember my aunt taking a picture of all of us standing on the steps outside of the science center (where I am wearing a very stylish yellow jacket with rainbow stripes), and I do have vague memories of the exhibit itself. I mostly remember all the hype because that was all anyone talked about that year.

As I told the story to Ryan it suddenly came to me that back then I had the Steve Martin King Tut record. And I remember playing it over and over and over again. How my parents survived that phase, I will never know. So this morning I found it on You Tube and showed it to Ryan. Hoping he would think it is as funny as I did. After all, it's the dad from Cheaper by the Dozen, you know. Ryan thought it was ok. I, on the other hand, cannot get the 1979 pop-Egyptian music out of my head. And this I share with all of you.

No comments: