Thursday, March 6, 2008

I don't even know what to name this post

Do you see what I'm doing here? I'm writing my blog instead of taking care of any of my responsibilities. I do that. If I have a list of things to do that I don't want to do, I find something else to do. Like complain about it to all of you. Aren't you sorry you popped in here today?

Today Eric and I have to drive to Venue and set up for Saturday. I finished my big foam board picture display thing, but I have to tag the rest of my hats that I'm bringing with me today. I'm feeling very inadequate about the whole thing, so I'm writing my blog instead. I should have even more hats, but I haven't been knitting them. I don't know why. I've been working on other things. Leah can tell you all about it. She yelled at my voicemail yesterday when she returned my call regarding questions about her mittens. She demanded to know why I was working on her mittens instead of baby hats or my sweater. A valid point. Best friends have permissions to kick you in butt once in a while.

I have no new hats for Happy Delusions right now. Again, I could claim that I've been focusing all of my attention on Venue right now, but that's not really true. I could also claim that I'm not really making any money at Happy Delusions, so why focus time and energy on it, but then you could also argue that if I don't give them new hats, it's kind of hard to sell them. Bottom line--my brain is overloaded and overwhelmed, so I'm sort of frozen in a state of suspended animation and it's just a whole lot easier for me to watch I Love Lucy reruns while knitting Leah's mitten than deal with my reality. I'm beginning to see why so many businesses fail in the first 5 years.

And then there's my sweater. We had class last night and I showed Shiori my calculations. Yes indeed, I did it wrong. So very wrong. And when she explained it to me, it made perfect sense. Why I didn't get that the first time around, I don't know (well, actually I do know--6 year of Jr. High and High School math came flooding back to me). So I sat there in class and ripped out my sweater while listening to Shiori explain how to calculate more centimeters for a cardigan and button band because Leslie and I both want to make cardigans. And Leslie, who use to be an engineer, is spouting off numbers with Shiori, while all Mara and I hear is "blah blah blah sleeve cap blah blah blah or it won't fit" and we just looked at each other and decided that Leslie must be taking the advanced class. The only thing that made me feel better about ripping out my sleeve is the fact that no one else has started. So I'm not really that far behind in relation to the other employees.

I could go on and on and on about all of this, but there is no getting around it--it's 9:30 and I have to be at Venue at 11. Eric is not dressed, my hats are not tagged...I'm just going to make a few phone calls, surf the web, drink another cup of coffee, and then be on my way. Unless I can find something else to further delay myself...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't really yelling, I was just incredulous. I picture you there, covered to your ears in yarn, knitting madly on mittens while a million hats scream for your attention.

If a kick in the butt was what you needed, then ok. :)

I'm looking forward to Saturday - it's going to be great - no matter WHAT!

~Leah at my pink toes