Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Force is strong with me

Leah was driving home from church on Sunday and passed Willow and Bloom, my newest shop, and saw my cupcake hats hanging in the window! (they are to the left of that spiral tree, next to Starbucks). Look at me, on display!

Once again you have caught me procrastinating. What I should be doing right now, since Mike took Eric to preschool for me and I have 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted time to myself before my weekly Wednesday-afternoon-from-hell begins (not to sound like my mother, but honestly, when I was in school, we went to school. All day. None of this half day Wednesday crap) is finishing the laundry, clearing away the breakfast dishes, and working on some serious knitting catch up. What I am doing is blogging, relisting my Craigs List items, and registering for Sock Wars III, the original and bloodiest death-by-knitting tournament. It's a kind of on-line world wide sock knitting assassination game. My friend Kristin originally emailed me an article about Sock Wars II and really piqued my interest. And last week at work I was thumbing through a new magazine and saw an article on Sock Wars III and knew I had to look into it. It only cost me $2.00 to register. How can I not do this? Just the fact that my confirmation email was signed " Mwah hah hah. Supreme Commander" tells me that I must be a part of this. It doesn't begin until May 9th, so I'm sure I will have completely rid my life of all stress by then.

Sigh.....guess I better get back to Eric's underwear. He informed me this morning that he is wearing his last pair. The magic in my life is unending.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laundry - it never stops!

Sock wars sounds fun. Good luck. I hope you dominate!

Carrie said...

I hate Wednesdays too. No Preschool, 15 minutes earlier start, I know, only 15 minutes but that is a cherished 15 minutes that I'd rather spend lying in bed, and home before 1. YUCK! (love my kids though, just not when they should be in school ALL day :) ) At least they still get hot lunch even with the early dismissal.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'd forgotten about that email. Sock wars sounds like it's just right up your ally. Hope it's fun.
By the way, until this year Grace got out one hour earlier on Fridays and I know that's practically a full school day but I still felt cheated! This year I have my 4th grader and 8th grader and everyone goes to school all day, every day and it's great!