Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend Update


Artist of the month
I chose not to include a picture with me in it because,
well, the one I have is a little frightening. The model
of the solar system you see above the display is actually
balls of yarn hanging from the ceiling. Diane thought it
would jazz things up a bit.


I know, I know--it's Tuesday and I haven't given you an update of my weekend, namely, my big Venue event. I do have other things to do besides blog, you know! I have Ryan's pants to wash, a yarn shop to help keep running, preschool board meetings to attend...I'm a very important person around here. Without me, there would be no one to clean the cat box.

My Artist of the Month night went very well. It was a nice evening so there were plenty of people around for the Art Walk. I took 2 special orders for hats and sold 2 hats off the shelf (and since I average 8-10 hats a month, I thought that was pretty good!), and drank plenty of wine. My sister Emily and her husband Randy came, my parents came, and my Dinner Group came after they all enjoyed dinner. I handed out several business cards and my display will remain in the place of honor for the rest of the month, so we'll see what happens! I know I should say more about it, but truly, I did a lot of standing around, and then a lot of sitting behind the bar and helping the bartender. Diane could not have been sweeter to me about the evening and, having never done it before, I think it went well.

Sunday I worked all day. I always work alone on Sundays--I open and close and I'm there by myself all day. It's really strange to be totally and completely in charge like that, but I enjoy it and when things are slow I take the opportunity to rearrange the displays. A little surprise for the girls on Monday morning.

This morning Eric had his 5-year well check at the doctor. My little pipsqueak is in the 25-50th% for weight and the 10th% for height. He had to get a surprise chicken pox booster shot which he is now milking as much as he can. He has let me know several times today that he is unable to use his arm. I think it may be about to fall off. I'll keep you posted on that. Watching about 6 episodes of Tom and Jerry seems to have helped.

That's all I have, people. A sink full of dishes, baskets full of laundry, and a 5 year old who is just full of it. I'm off to knit a sweater sleeve.

No comments: