Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm Just Wild About Harry....

I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this morning. I had been reading along for the last couple of days, picking up a couple of chapters here and there, and then I got to about the half-way mark. There was no turning back. I was completely riveted and forsook all other responsibilities until I finished. I had a playdate with Penny and her boys at my house this morning. When she arrived at 10:05, I answered the door with book in hand and said "I have 6 more pages left to go!". She read a magazine until I finished. My kitchen sink was full of dishes, the boys bedrooms were disasters, but I could not waste valuable time tidying up before the playdate. The book needed to be finished, and then discussed!

Book 7 is truly the climax of the entire Harry Potter series and it left me breathless. And so sad. I'm in mourning for the fact that the story is finally finished. I am completely in awe of what is in JK Rowling's head. The movie of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is going to be the most intense 4 hour movie!

In knitting news: I've made a few hats for my etsy store, so it feels good to start restocking. I have no idea what is going on with Venue. I'm suppose to get a check and/or inventory list once a month, but it's strange not having an idea of what I've sold. I can go in anytime, but Ballard isn't exactly on my way to anything....so I hesitate to make more until I know what has been selling. Not that I don't have Peter's gift, a sock, and Cinderella's twin to finish up. I seem to be suffering from Project ADD and would rather start another new item than finish up one of the many I have in progress.

Alice: She peed on Eric's comforter today. Sigh.....In her defense, the comforter was on the floor, practically begging to be peed upon, and the boys all played in Ryan's room, which is in the vicinity of Eric's room. So naturally she should pee in Eric's room. I give up.

The garden: my dahlias are starting to bloom! I have brought forth life in my garden. Walter got serious with the moles in his yard last week and seems to have driven them to our yard. I would yell at him, but they are camping. As far as I'm concerned, camping is what the 2nd circle in Hell is like, so maybe he is being punished enough.

Pastoral Search Committee: our candidate preached this last weekend and it was truly a fabulous day. He received an overwhelming vote of confidence and we're just waiting for him to sign on the dotted line. It has been a long long long year of Monday night meetings, but this last weekend made it all worth it.

The Legos: Eric just got them out again. I think I may cry.

No comments: