Monday, July 30, 2007

Summer Break, Week 6


I went to Venue this last weekend. I had not been there since my initial appointment a month ago and I really wanted to check out my inventory. I tried to get Mike to go on his way home on Friday, but we apparently had a miscommunication. He asked me if I wanted him to go to Venue, I said Yes, and he didn't go. When he got home and I asked him about my inventory, he said "I didn't go because you told me not to." I told him NOT to go? Why would I actually tell Mike NOT to check out my inventory and see how well I'm doing? So we had that discussion for awhile...

On Saturday I had already planned to head up north to Edmonds, so I left a bit early to drop by Ballard. I sold 4 more hats and the felted bunny slippers. In one month I've sold 7 items! My display was noticeably bare and I am now ecstatic and in a knitting frenzy all at the same time. I hit 2 yarn stores on my way to Edmonds to stock up and I've been knitting like a mad woman.

Some of these hats are technically for my Etsy store, but since no one seems to know it exists, I may send them on to Venue.

In other news, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and his brother have taken up residence in our home (Which is which? Doesn't matter. It seems to be tag-team evilness). We were up very very late the other night at a Little League playoff game for the son of some college friends. Two days later and they both are still so tired they can barely manage to hold their heads up. Eric had a nap today, but the older one Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named has become increasingly more belligerent as the day goes on. We have an evening pool party tomorrow night that I'm looking forward to like a root canal, as that is going to prolong the evilness that is invading my house. Example: last night we brought a tired-to-the-point-of-hysterics-Eric to bed at 7:00. He cried for an hour because I wouldn't make him a batch of pancakes. Right then. In his room.

Ryan continues to sleep in his crawlspace. At this point there is no need to change the sheets on his bed, so it's saving me some laundry.....

Alice continues the peeing, the garden continues to grow, and I continue to do just as much work as I need to in order to maximize my reading and knitting time. It will be a small miracle if the 3 of us live to see Labor Day because I don't know how much more "quality time" I can take if Ryan and Eric continue on their paths to touch each other as much as possible, despite my constant yelling "keep your hands to yourself", while they take turns screaming because each has been touched by his brother....Everyone else in the neighborhood knows that I would like Ryan and Eric to LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE, so I'm not sure why they're not picking up on it yet.

And we're out of beer.


No comments: