Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mid Week Update

I have now seen Alvin and the Chipmunks about 14 times. Eric hums along as he goes about his day, he responds to me with lines from the movie, and he has taken to wearing a red sweatshirt with a big yellow paper A taped to the front.

This song goes through my head all day. All day, every day. This has become the new soundtrack to my life. The fact that I had to hear it about 26 times in a row while trying to figure out how to get it from You Tube to my blog has not helped. But let's all pause and and consider the fact that I posted a video from You Tube onto my blog. All by myself. Without one call to Mike or Leah. You have my permission to be impressed.

So, let's see. Where am I this week, other than Chipmunk Hell. Sock Wars. I've personally called a truce and am waiving my white flag, but no one seems to notice. I have about 3/4 of the first sock done and am waiting to die so I can send it on to my assassin, who apparently is no more motivated than I am. I have no time for this. I know you all thought that, and yes, I knew all along that I had no time for this, but what I was not prepared for was the harsh reality of being forced to work on one bland blue boring project while ignoring all other knitting projects. I never work on just one project. I always have several active projects on the needles at the same time, so when I'm ready for a change, I can just put down project A and pick up project D for awhile. I can't just sit and knit a pair of boring blue socks from start to finish. I physically can't. I actually start to fall asleep because it's so dull.

Now let's combine that with the fact that this has become New Hat Order Week. I received 3 different emails yesterday. Caitlin from Venue emailed me to remind me that there is a Norwegian parade going through Ballard on Saturday, so they need more viking hats. There is a Norwegian parade this Saturday? I must have missed that one. Anna from Zizia also sent me a list of hats she needs, and I just heard from a shop owner in Ravenna who is very interested in my cupcake hats. I have an email in to her asking for more details, but needless to say, I have some work to do. Not to mention that I'm still working through my Willow and Bloom order...and I'm going to spend some time with Shiori this afternoon before Sweater Class and that probably means I should continue knitting the sweater that I've promised to Shannon.

So let's recap: one sweater, 612 viking hats, 34 cupcakes, one dismembered Cinderella, 2 hats for Leah (and Leah, don't get all guilt ridden, I'm just using you to exaggerate my point), a Tilli Tomas scarf, an unknown sweater for baby Blake, 3 pairs of sock for me that I like....I perhaps should have taken more careful inventory of my backlog before I began Sock Wars, because the more I think about it, the less enthusiastic I become about finishing this ridiculous game.

I've tossed my weapon to the ground, my hands are in the air, frantically waiving my white handkerchief. Why can't I die?!

Now Eric and I have to go on a fieldtrip to the Children's Theater to see a stage production of Cinderella. Oh goody--maybe I'll hear a new song with which to fill every cell in my brain for the next week.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Dave likes to wear dirty underwear is sung often at our house. LOVE that Alvin!

cori said...

I CAN'T STAND Alvin!!! The songs keep going thru my head. UGH