Thursday, August 7, 2008

Uncle


Tiffany and Blake came over for the day yesterday. That baby. I tell ya...both Ryan and I fought with each other all afternoon to hold him. Mike came home from work early so he could enjoy the visit as well. This is the most time Mike has ever spent with his new nephew and he wanted to make the most of it.



I think this may be my new favorite picture. Of all times. How can you not completely fall in love with this little monkey? He almost makes my womb ache. And that's saying a lot because this is by far the closest I have come to baby fever since the birth of my VERY LAST BABY FOREVER AND EVER AMEN THERE WILL BE ONLY 2 CHILDREN AND NO MORE. AFTER ERIC IS BORN WE ARE DONE. MIKE HAVE YOU MADE THE APPOINTMENT WITH THE DOCTOR YET BECAUSE I HAVE SOME SCISSORS HANDY....
But this kid...I dare you to turn away from this picture. I dare you to find a picture, even of your own child, that is as hilariously precious as this.




Finally!
It took Eric all day,
but he finally asked
to hold Blake. And
then he wouldn't give
him up!
Eric was all ready to hold Blake this time. Until Blake actually arrived. Eric then suddenly remembered that this kid is really rather dull and Aunt Tiffany is a lot more fun. So Eric and Tiffany played the Wii while Ryan and I played Pass the Baby. And then, in his own Eric way, in his own Eric timing, he finally announced that he was ready to hold Blake. And he was hooked. Eric has officially jumped on the Blake Bandwagon and there is no turning back. I think the clincher was when Blake was flailing his arms around and got a finger stuck in Eric's nose. Because if you are Eric, a baby picking your nose is the funniest damn thing in the world.

In knitting news, the polls are in and it is the Hoodie by a landslide. Now I think that cardigan is pretty darn cute as well, but I seem to have a very opinionated audience out there. All 4 of you.
I just picked up a copy of A Fine Fleece from the library and am trying to figure out a way to lock the boys in a closet so I can study each and every page in blissful peace. And that big list I shared with you earlier this week? Yeah, that's still there.

School starts in 27 days.

No comments: