Monday, June 11, 2007

The Mondays Just Keep Coming...

This is the best thing I have accomplished since my last post. It is a baby hat for Ryan's pregnant teacher, who is due in October. I thought it would be a better end-of-the-year gift than another World's Greatest Teacher coffee mug. Seriously, this is my only worthy accomplishment this week. Oh yeah, and I did give Leah her coffee sleeve, and I believe there was a bit of squealing involved...

But after discovering that the neopolitan socks and everything associated with them were possessed by the devil (I broke another one of those darling Lantern Moon sock needles. Now I only have 3 and they are therefore useless. So not only did I spend $46 on a pair of socks, but I have wasted $46 on a pair of socks. Socks that will never exist), things just went downhill. I have been saving a skein of All Things Heather handpainted sock yarn that I bought months ago. I decided to reward myself and wind the yarn and knit a new, non-evil pair of socks. Now here is the part where all knitters will cringe: I don't own a ball winder or a swift. The set costs $100 and I generally can wind a skein of yarn myself. But the fact that I am taking up blog space on this should be a good indication that I need to rethink that $100 investment. The whole thing ended up in a big tangled mess that Mike and I worked on for hours. It is now in one large ball and 2 smaller balls, with an unidentifiable chuck of it from the middle cut out of it. However I am currently knitting sock #1 and so far it's going fine....


Alice: She is a peeing machine. And continues to have a normal appetite as well as regularly use her litter box. She clearly hates every member of our family and feels the need to act on that anger daily. I have made several phone calls to at-home-vets have so far have had no luck. 2 of them won't come to Renton (although the website said that one of them did...) and another has not called me back. There is a 3rd one to call, but his voicemail said he is on vacation so I didn't bother at the time. Clearly I need to give him a 2nd chance.


I spent all of my Monday morning cleaning bathrooms (can't even remember the last time that happened), changing sheets, putting laundry away--generally making this a save and healthy enviroment for my family. As I was changing my sheets there was a part of me thinking "why bother"? Eric and I had spent quite a bit of time in my bedroom where we made all kinds of racket, such as talking, and walking around. Alice is going to come unglued that we spent so much time in "her" room. Before the day is out I'm sure she teach me a lesson for cleaning my own bathroom and changing my own sheets...

Craig's List: Of course now that I've flaunted my Craig's List mojo, it's gone. I have tons of great kids things for sale and no one wants it. Seriously, great things. I have a darling Step 2 toddler desk that is in perfect condition. Not one inquiry. I have a ton of Duplo Legos that I've broken up into sets and they are all really cute. The only person interested is this strange woman who emails me once a week but then always forgets if she contacted me or not. I did sell a couple of baby gates this morning to a questionable woman who was missing some teeth.....

I did finish our bookclub book, so now I'm trying to decide what to read next. I have 3 books I would like to be reading. Right now. So maybe I will! I clearly have some time on my hands before my knitting mojo returns!

No comments: